Are you craving something tasty and wholesome for breakfast? Then try the delectable Egg Bhurji, an Indian spiced version of scrambled eggs that is packed with an incredible amount of flavour and spice!
The main ingredients include tomatoes, onion, butter, coriander, cumin, and chilli powder. It’s great for breakfast or brunch and can be made in just 15 min
1 Green chilli
Handful of chopped coriander leaves
5gm chopped chives
1 tsp cumin powder
1gm cumin seeds
1 tsp coriander powder
½ tsp deggi mirch chilli powder
½ tsp salt
1 tsp butter
1 tsp olive oil
- Cut and toast a slice of sourdough bread on a medium hot pan. Drizzle olive oil over the slice of bread and toast it until it’s crispy.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs before adding the chopped green chilli, and all the spices and salt.
- Once the bread is toasted, remove it from the pan, and keep aside. In the same pan, add some oil and butter, then toast the cumin seeds. Once toasted add in the onions and cook on medium heat until golden brown.
- At this stage add the tomato to the pan, and let cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the egg mixture to the pan and gently scramble it using a spatula.
- Once it comes together and becomes a soft scramble, add in the chopped coriander leaves, remove from the heat but continue stirring until it sets. Lastly, add in some butter and give it a final mix
- Slice up an avocado, and keep it aside to place on the bread
- Butter the bread, add the avocado, and cover with your egg bhurji.
- Finish with a drizzle of olive oil, chopped chives and sea salt.